Making purchases in online stores is illogical without the timely delivery of goods to the client. Many use professional delivery services to do this quickly. All online shoppers are familiar with the PKGE.net system and the track codes that sellers send to control parcels. The success of these systems determines the delivery of goods to the desired point within the required time frame.
Parcel ebay tracking is based on 3 factors:
- parcel/container localization;
- sorting of shipments;
- goods delivery.
If the specified conditions are met, then the seller and the client can easily track the location of the parcel and the sender. From the client’s point of view, this process has the following advantages because it:
- provides information about the current location of the product;
- notifies about the route of movement of the parcel;
- allows you to be in contact with the sender.
Correct data also allows you to calculate the estimated delivery date of the parcel.
From the point of view of a logistics company, parcel movement control consists of 7 stages:
- Assigning a barcode to a product – a barcode is a unique identifier. It contains all the information related to the parcel – destination, recipient details, and other information.
- Barcode scanning – when the package is sent, its barcode is scanned by an employee of the courier company. This information is uploaded to the company’s tracking system.
- Storage of scanned data – after scanning a barcode, all information about it remains in the system. Such information includes the time and place of departure, as well as the point of arrival.
- Receiving the shipment – after leaving the seller’s warehouse, the parcel is sent to a branch of the courier organization.
- Re-scan the barcode – when the product reaches the branch, employees scan its barcode and enter the updated data into the system. This data displays the time of the parcel’s arrival.
- Issuance of goods – at the final point of delivery for the courier company, the goods undergo a final scan. After this operation, it is completely ready for delivery.
- Parcel delivery – after the shipment is delivered, employees enter information into the tracking system that the goods have reached a certain address. In this case, additional information is entered – delivery time, recipient’s name, etc.
During this entire time, the buyer can track the parcels independently. To do this, he only needs the tracking number of the parcel. It must be entered on the official website of the courier company. The shipment status includes all stages of changing the goods’ location.
The tracking system has allowed logistics companies to reduce the risk of package loss. This option has proven to be useful for both sellers and buyers. When the client receives up-to-date information about his purchase, there is no reason to worry. He does not need intermediaries in the form of a seller to obtain comprehensive information about the location of the parcel.
With the popularity of online shopping, tracking shipments has become the only possible way out of the situation. Without tracking, thousands of buyers would be left without their purchases. The constant use of tracking systems is achieved through updated technology platforms. They help the buyer track the package with one click, even if it is located on another continent.