Are you looking for a complete list of verbs that start with M? We’re happy to inform you that you’ve landed in the right place.
Your need for knowledge will be satisfied by the remarkable collection of verbs we are about to share with you. We have created this list of verbs that start with M for you with utmost love and attention.
It’s important that we briefly clarify what a verb is before diving into this list of verbs that start with M. We are all aware of how active our lives are, don’t we? Without action, what is life? We need certain words to describe those acts, and in English, those words are referred to as verbs.
Verbs are the words that describe what is happening. Since this is what verbs are for, we automatically utilize them whenever we need to define an action.
Therefore, the verb is a critical part of a sentence, and without it, we cannot communicate. That is why we are here with an extensive list of verbs beginning with M.
You should make an effort to learn each of these actions words that start with M if you want to have a comprehensive verb encyclopedia. You will get a great deal from it.
Common Verbs That Start with M
We use a lot of verbs to carry out actions in our daily lives, but we’ve narrowed the list down to 10 verbs starting with M. These verbs can help you spice up your phrases. Let’s get into it.
- Definition: to be offended by something
- Synonyms: dislike, resent
- Example: I do not mind lending you my books.
- Definition: to guide something in the wrong direction
- Synonyms: misplace, misallocate
- Example: Many passengers were misdirected to the wrong station.
- Definition: to combine
- Synonyms: amalgamate, unite
- Example: Her classroom is merged with mine.
- Definition: to lose a child before it has reached full development
- Synonyms: abort, end
- Example: She miscarried her baby in a car accident.
- Definition: to purposefully put something to a bad use
- Synonyms: misemploy, abuse
- Example: He misused the money people donated to flood victims.
- Definition: to calculate the dimensions and length of an object
- Synonyms: assess, quantify
- Example: Please measure the length of my trousers.
- Definition: to increase something
- Synonyms: increase, enlarge
- Example: You should try and maximize the profits of your company.
- Definition: to whisper
- Synonyms: intone, mumble
- Example: She was muttering something against my friend.
- Definition: to feel or show extreme sadness
- Synonyms: sorrow, grieve
- Example: She mourned the loss of her beloved brother.
- Definition: to hurt someone by unfairly treating them
- Synonyms: abuse, maltreat
- Example: An old man was mistreated by his family.
Positive Verbs That Start with M
Some verbs strangely can describe the positive actions we do. This attribute can be found in these positive verbs starting with letter M that are listed below. Let’s go through them one by one.
- Definition: to wed
- Synonyms: wed, espouse
- Example: I am marrying my favorite person this Saturday.
- Definition: to grow up fully
- Synonyms: develop, age
- Example: She has matured over the past year.
- Definition: to alleviate someone’s sickness through medicines
- Synonyms: cure, heal
- Example: He is being medicated for his illness.
- Definition: to find something impressive
- Synonyms: wonder, admire
- Example: She marveled at my communication skills.
- Definition: to preach
- Synonyms: lecture, sermonize
- Example: He moralized us about our indecent dressing.
- Definition: to attract someone to the extent that they are absorbed in you
- Synonyms: attract, captivate
- Example: I was mesmerized by her beauty.
- Definition: to focus on anything for a while neglecting everything else around you
- Synonyms: consider, think
- Example: I was musing on the events of the day.
- Definition: to deeply concentrate on something while avoiding other distractions
- Synonyms: consider, reflect
- Example: He took some time to meditate on his new idea.
- Definition: to apply pressure with hands to a person’s sore body or muscles
- Synonyms: knead, rub
- Example: Can you massage my back?
- Definition: to keep an eye on something and watch its progression
- Synonyms: observe, check
- Example: We will monitor you for an hour before prescribing you medicines.
Action Verbs That Start with M
Words known as verbs are used to describe both internal and external actions. Our internal acts are to hate, ponder, and love, while our external actions are to eat, run, and walk. You’re welcome to browse this list of action verbs that start with M.
- Definition: to add a motor to make anything work
- Synonyms: prepare, assemble
- Example: We motorized our grandmother’s wheelchair.
- Definition: to move a thing from one location to another
- Synonyms: progress, walk
- Example: I am moving to Qatar next week.
- Definition: to inappropriately touch someone
- Synonyms: attack, abuse
- Example: She was molested by her colleague.
- Definition: to put something through a machine and reduce it to small pieces
- Synonyms: chop, grind
- Example: I minced some meat to make sandwiches.
- Definition: to reduce anything to powder
- Synonyms: grind, crush
- Example: Wheat is milled into flour.
- Definition: to forget where you put something or to lose it unexpectedly
- Synonyms: forget, drop
- Example: I misplaced my wedding ring.
- Definition: to interpret something or someone inaccurately
- Synonyms: misunderstand, misjudge
- Example: Her new idea was misinterpreted by her boss.
- Definition: to display fashionable attire and accessories to market them
- Synonyms: show, display
- Example: She modeled the new collection of summer frocks.
- Definition: to loudly consume food
- Synonyms: champ, masticate
- Example: She is munching on chips.
- Definition: to rip anything, resulting in its destruction
- Synonyms: damage, crush
- Example: His bike was mangled in an accident.
Regular Verbs That Start with M
Here is the list of regular verbs beginning with M. A regular verb is one that creates its past participle with the – ed suffix. Let’s memorize these ten regular verbs we’ve given you.
- Definition: to do a task or convey a message by changing your body and face while remaining silent
- Synonyms: mock, represent
- Example: He mimed while playing the piano.
- Definition: to waste your time doing nothing
- Synonyms: brood, sulk
- Example: She moped over her past mistake the entire day.
- Definition: to breed animals or birds
- Synonyms: reproduce, couple
- Example: My parrots mated in the spring season.
- Definition: to reflect on something
- Synonyms: contemplate, ponder
- Example: She mulled over this proposal.
- Definition: to cry out in pain, distress, or other strong feelings
- Synonyms: whine, grumble
- Example: The injured man moaned while lying on the road.
- Definition: to take place or to begin existing
- Synonyms: happen, appear
- Example: The position he was promised finally materialized.
- Definition: to do a manual task with the aid of machinery
- Synonyms: automate, power
- Example: The process of cultivating was highly mechanized in past years.
- Definition: to represent oneself otherwise
- Synonyms: imitate, impersonate
- Example: He masqueraded as our friend all this time.
- Definition: to disregard a command given by a superior
- Synonyms: rebel, riot
- Example: The crew mutinied due to some differences.
- Definition: to mature
- Synonyms: expand, improve
- Example: She mellowed over the years.
Irregular Verbs That Start with M
It won’t be incorrect to say that without verbs, we are unable to be or even feel anything. Here is a list of 10 irregular verbs that start with M. Create your comprehensive list of irregular verbs by adding additional verbs to this one.
- Definition: to gather somewhere so as to see someone in person
- Synonyms: converge, encounter
- Example: I met my friends after 4 years.
- Definition: to produce something
- Synonyms: build, create
- Example: He made his bed in the morning.
- Definition: to represent a thought
- Synonyms: denote, intend
- Example: I meant to say that you were doing great as a teacher.
- Definition: to cut down grass
- Synonyms: cut, trim
- Example: The gardener has mown the lawn already.
- Definition: to momentarily misplace something
- Synonyms: lose, misplace
- Example: She mislaid her important documents.
- Definition: read (a piece of text) wrongly
- Synonyms: misunderstand
- Example: Linda misread the note and thus got the time wrong.
- Definition: to spend time or money carelessly
- Synonyms: waste, misuse
- Example: He misspent the money I gave him.
- Definition: to choose a performer for a role who is unsuitable for it
- Synonyms: diverge, contrast
- Example: He was badly miscast in this movie.
- Definitions: to be incorrect about someone
- Synonyms: misinterpret, misjudge
- Example: I mistook what you said about me.
- Definition: to give the wrong impression of something
- Synonyms: misinform, delude
- Example: Many employees were misled by my boss in investing money with him.
Phrasal Verbs That Start with M
Your English language will become considerably more attractive if you use these phrasal verbs that start with M. Phrasal verbs serve to improve a phrase, we are here to improve your learning with these incredible phrasal verbs.
1. Make fun of
- Definition: to laugh at
- Synonyms: ridicule, mock
- Example: The old lady dresses so strangely that the children make fun of her.
2. Mark down
- Definition: to reduce the price
- Synonyms: reduce, decrease
- Example: The coat was marked down by 40% – a real bargain!
3. Miss out on
- Definition: to lose an opportunity to do something
- Synonyms: miss, lose
- Example: What a shame. If you leave before Saturday you’ll miss out on the party.
4. Make off with
- Definition: to steal and hurry away
- Synonyms: steal, thieve
- Example: A young man made off with my briefcase while I was checking the timetable.
5. Mix up
- Definition: to make a group of things untidy or badly organized, or to move them into the wrong order
- Synonyms: disorder, disorganize
- Example: Someone has mixed up all the files.
6. Move in
- Definition: to arrive in a new home or office
- Synonyms: get in, arrive
- Example: You’ve bought a new house? When are you moving in?
7. Make for
- Definition: to compensate for
- Synonyms: recompense, counterweigh
- Example: If I work longer the next few days, I can make up for the time I was absent.
8. Make do with
- Definition: to use something less satisfactory as an alternative
- Synonyms: cope, manage
- Example: There were no chairs to sit on so we had to make do with a pile of boxes.
9. Move out
- Definition: to leave your home/office for another one
- Synonyms: leave, go away
- Example: My neighbor is moving out next Saturday.
10. Make over
- Definition: to legally make someone the owner of something
- Synonyms: hand over, give
- Example: Before she died, she made over all her property to her children.
Transitive Verbs That Start with M
Verbs have the extraordinary ability to describe a thing’s state. Here are some transitive verbs that start with M given below. Examine each of these verbs, then let us know which ones you liked best.
- Definition: to draw attention to something by emphasizing it
- Synonyms: name, label
- Example: Please mark the important statements.
- Definition: to misrepresent something or someone to create a bad impression of them
- Synonyms: misstate, fake
- Example: My colleague misrepresented my ideas.
- Definition: reduce the severity or extremeness of something
- Synonyms: lessen, manage
- Example: Please moderate your voice while talking to kids.
- Definition: to reduce
- Synonyms: decrease, diminish
- Example: Please minimize your screen time or else it will affect your eyesight.
- Definition: to make anything untidy
- Synonyms: tangle, clutter
- Example: She really messed her hair.
- Definition: to barely dampen something
- Synonyms: spray, dampen
- Example: Moisten your face before applying makeup.
- Definition: to have little faith in someone
- Synonym: doubt, distrust
- Example: I mistrust him because he is a liar.
- Definition: to depict the traits and features of someone or something
- Synonyms: clone, copy
- Example: Maria’s outlook on life mirrored all her struggles.
- Definition: to degrade someone
- Synonyms: ridicule, tease
- Example: Don’t mock my accent.
- Definition: to surround a person
- Synonyms: surround, attack
- Example: Many fans mobbed the performer at the concert.
Powerful Verbs That Start with M for Impressive Resume
Due to the present labor scarcity and low unemployment rate, you need to have an excellent resume that will make you stand out and show that you are the ideal applicant for the job. These M verbs are her to help you out.
- Definition: to speak simply and precisely
- Synonyms: declare, say
- Example: Mention your date of birth in the form.
- Definition: to direct or move
- Synonyms: handle, direct
- Example: I can maneuver the company in the right direction.
- Definition: to assemble a group and train them to accomplish a specific task
- Synonyms: deploy, rally
- Example: All students mobilized in the exam hall.
- Definition: to arrange
- Synonyms: collect, gather
- Example: Muster up your courage.
- Definition: to have an impact
- Synonyms: signify, mean
- Example: Your approval matters to me.
- Definition: to change things using modern ways
- Synonyms: update, improve
- Example: They have modernized their firm.
- Definition: to control
- Synonyms: cope, handle
- Example: You can manage your work and studies.
- Definition: to assist a junior for a period of time
- Synonyms: advise, direct
- Example: He was mentored by an amazing person.
- Definition: to store information in mind
- Synonyms: remember, learn
- Example: Have you memorized this poem by heart?
- Definition: to inspire someone
- Synonyms: prompt, provoke
- Example: You motivate me to do better in life.
Verbs That Start with M – Full List (165 Words)
You have learned some fascinating verbs from this article. This list of verbs that start with the letter M can be expanded if you add more verbs to this. You will memorize these verbs more effectively if you put them to use in everyday situations.
- Make fun of
- Mark down
- Miss out on
- Make off with
- Mix up
- Move in
- Make for
- Make do with
- Move out
- Make over
Final Thoughts on Verbs That Start with M
You have explored the whole list of verbs that start with M. You’ve probably noticed that the majority of these verbs that start with M describe actions that we conduct regularly, such as making, meeting, mentioning, etc.
Therefore, we hope that studying all of these action words that start with M has been enjoyable for you. Be careful not to mix these verbs as many of them have similar meanings but different usage.
Selecting the appropriate verb is crucial, and you may master the art of doing so by paying close attention to the examples of each verb that are provided below every verb.
Keep this in mind and try reading this article more than once. We hope you have a great time learning these verb words that start with M. See you next time!