This article contains a list of adjectives that start with W. Adjectives starting with the letter W are plentiful and regularly encountered in ordinary language. You’ll be on way to extending your vocabulary in no time with the aid of this list of adjectives that start with W, which contains definitions, synonyms, and examples.
Adjectives convey crucial information about the basics of how we interact with others. There are many descriptive words that start with W. This is one of the most often used alphabets in the English language. Adjectives are essential in describing the features or position of a noun. Using these adjectives that start with W can help you increase the professionalism of your writing.
In the following article, the adjectives that start with W have been thoughtfully split into sections. We have included both its definition and an example sentence for each adjective to make it easier for all readers to understand. This will make it easier to comprehend the language correctly and help you avoid misunderstandings! Let’s look at our collection of wonderful adjectives beginning with W.
You Might Also Like:
Common Adjectives That Start with W in Everyday Speech
Here you will find a list of commonly used adjectives that start with W. This list can assist you in writing and speaking more efficiently and clearly in your daily life. Here are ten adjectives starting with W, along with definitions and examples.
- Definition: marked by a strong wind
- Synonyms: stormy, breezy, blowy
- Example: It is a windy day.
- Definition: unable to sleep
- Synonyms: unsleeping, awake, restless
- Example: She was wakeful all night.
- Definition: without words or speech
- Synonyms: mute, silent, speechless
- Example: He gave a wordless response.
- Definition: which can be practiced
- Synonyms: feasible, viable, practical
- Example: This is a workable job.
- Definition: of or relating to the world
- Synonyms: earthly, temporary, terrestrial
- Example: She lives in a worldly charm.
- Definition: covered with water
- Synonyms: damp, moist, soaked
- Example: He was wearing wet clothes.
- Definition: like the warriors and fighters
- Synonyms: soldier-like, brave, martial
- Example: He has a warrior-like behavior.
- Definition: of or in every week
- Synonyms: per-week, hebdomadal, periodically
- Example: She writes for a weekly magazine.
- Definition: which is distinct and obvious
- Synonyms: clear-cut, explicit, definite
- Example: He is a well-defined writer.
- Definition: being distinguished and known by many
- Synonyms: famous, renowned, prominent
- Example: He is a well-known singer.
Positive Adjectives That Start with W
We all need a dose of optimism to get through a terrible day. The positive adjectives that start with W are provided to help you with this challenge. You can use to motivate your coworkers.
- Definition: having intelligence and prudence
- Synonyms: smart, judicious, sane
- Example: He is a wise student.
- Definition: having a delightful appeal
- Synonyms: attractive, engaging, appealing
- Example: That was a winsome view.
- Definition: having a charm that attracts attention
- Synonyms: captivating, enchanting, winsome
- Example: She has some winning looks.
- Definition: funny or amusing
- Synonyms: zany, madcap, offbeat
- Example: He is a wacky lady.
- Definition: having worth and value
- Synonyms: valuable, precious, important
- Example: She has some worthy paintings.
- Definition: being extremely good and astonishing
- Synonyms: breathtaking, marvelous, surprising
- Example: That was a wondrous performance.
- Definition: full of wit and intelligence
- Synonyms: sensible, smart, sage
- Example: She is a witty officer.
- Definition: having full knowledge of a situation
- Synonyms: well informed, knowledgeable
- Example: He was well-aware of the problem.
- Definition: being deep and unconditional
- Synonyms: sincere, heartfelt, earnest
- Example: She gave us wholehearted support.
- Definition: of great attributes
- Synonyms: superb, excellent, amazing
- Example: Zee is a wonderful person.
Negative Adjectives That Start with W
This section discusses negative adjectives that start with W. Adjectives beginning with the letter W, are very useful for describing negative attitudes and qualities.
- Definition: of or relating to characteristics of a wolf
- Synonyms: rapacious, wild, predatory
- Example: She has wolfish anger.
- Definition: deprived of strength
- Synonyms: tired, exhausted, fatigue
- Example: She had a weary feeling.
- Definition: full of waste and inefficiency
- Synonyms: immoderate, uneconomic, extravagant
- Example: She did some wasteful spending.
- Definition: not correct or true; incorrect
- Synonyms: incorrect, mistaken, in error
- Example: That was a wrong answer.
- Definition: being vile and foxy
- Synonyms: cunning, crafty, tricky
- Example: He is a wily man.
- Definition: lacking the wit and sense
- Synonyms: mindless, stupid, unintelligent
- Example: He gave some witless ideas.
- Definition: causing tiredness and boredom
- Synonyms: boring, tedious, tiresome
- Example: This is wearisome work.
- Definition: being overly watchful and dubious of everything
- Synonyms: suspicious, cautious, doubtful
- Example: He is a wary person.
- Definition: in the state of sorrow and grief
- Synonyms: mourning, weeping, grieving
- Example: He was feeling wailing.
- Definition: being violent and unruly
- Synonyms: crazy, savage, predatory
- Example: He gave a wild look.
Adjectives That Start with W to Describe a Person
In this section, we discussed adjectives that start with W to describe someone. W adjectives will undoubtedly assist you in accurately describing a person. Make these W adjectives to describe a person a part of your vocabulary.
- Definition: being verbally expressive and eloquent
- Synonyms: articulate, eloquent, fluent
- Example: She is a well-spoken lady.
- Definition: having a lot of wealth and assets
- Synonyms: rich, prosperous, well-off
- Example: He is a wealthy minister.
- Definition: being strange and freaky
- Synonyms: peculiar, queer, uncanny
- Example: He is a weird man.
- Definition: being cordial and genial
- Synonyms: hospitable, friendly, amiable
- Example: Anna is a very welcoming host.
- Definition: having no worth or value
- Synonyms: valueless, useless, insignificant
- Example: He is a worthless person.
- Definition: humorous in a playful
- Synonyms: playful, roguish, impish
- Example: He is a waggish man.
- Definition: being smartly dressed in up-to-date fashion trends
- Synonyms: dapper, natty, well-groomed
- Example: He is a well-dressed gentleman.
- Definition: being learned and scholarly
- Synonyms: knowledgeable, educated, versed
- Example: We have some well-read professors.
- Definition: full of anger and wrath
- Synonyms: angry, furious, enraged
- Example: She has a wrathful mother.
- Definition: in the habit of constant complaints
- Synonyms: complaining, whimpering, wailing
- Example: She has a whining kid.
Adjectives That Start with W to Describe a Place
How many different locations have you been to? How would you explain these locations to someone who has never visited them? Consider the following list of describing words beginning with W.
- Definition: completely dry
- Synonyms: dehydrated, dry, evaporated
- Example: This is a waterless place.
- Definition: having a form or edge that smoothly curves in and out
- Synonyms: curling, curly, curvy
- Example: A wavy sea has a good view.
- Definition: large and powerful
- Synonyms: big, huge
- Example: There was a walloping house.
- Definition: more than average width
- Synonyms: broad, extensive, spacious
- Example: That is a wide road.
- Definition: very large
- Synonyms: huge, massive, enormous
- Example: She has a whopping room.
- Definition: bent or twisted out of shape
- Synonyms: bent, twisted, deformed
- Example: He has a warped home in China.
- Definition: decorated with wooden paneling
- Synonyms: embellished, beautified
- Example: The entire cafe was wainscoted.
- Definition: impervious to water
- Synonyms: watertight, water-repellent, water-resistant
- Example: She has a waterproof room.
- Definition: resistant to the effects of weather
- Synonyms: weather-resistant, weather-repellent
- Example: That building is weatherproof.
- Definition: something that remains unaffected by weather
- Synonyms: weatherproof, weather-repellent
- Example: She has a weather-resistant lawn.
Adjectives That Start with W to Describe Emotions
Humans go through a variety of moods and emotions. You never feel like you have enough words to explain them. Adjective words that start with W will undoubtedly come in helpful. Here you’ll find adjectives that start with the letter W.
- Definition: not able to fulfill its functions properly
- Synonyms: inadequate, poor, feeble
- Example: She was feeling weak.
- Definition: having a feeling of vague
- Synonyms: regretful, nostalgic, yearning
- Example: That was a wistful smile.
- Definition: having or expressing a desire
- Synonyms: acquisitive, ambitious, aspiring
- Example: She is a wishful lady.
- Definition: intentional; deliberate
- Synonyms: deliberate, intentional, intended
- Example: He did some willful acts.
- Definition: ready, eager, or prepared to do something
- Synonyms: ready, prepared, disposed
- Example: She was quite willing.
- Definition: tearful; inclined to weep
- Synonyms: tearful, in tears, crying
- Example: She made her feel weepy.
- Definition: playfully quaint or fanciful
- Synonyms: fanciful, playful, mischievous
- Example: He has a whimsical sense of humor.
- Definition: having or showing enthusiasm, affection, or kindness
- Synonyms: friendly, comradely, affable
- Example: We exchanged warm, friendly smiles.
- Definition: being devastated and damaged
- Synonyms: introverted, inward-looking, unsociable
- Example: She became very withdrawn.
- Definition: having a complaining tone
- Synonyms: obnoxious, rude, unpleasant
- Example: She had a whiny tone.
Descriptive Adjectives That Start with W
This section covers W adjectives that can be used to describe someone. This collection of descriptive words beginning with W may assist you in professionally describing individuals. How many of these are you already familiar with?
- Definition: much inclined towards talk and communication
- Synonyms: chatty, talkative, voluble
- Example: She is a wordy person.
- Definition: of weak and soft crying
- Synonyms: whining, sobbing, sniffling
- Example: He is a whimpering child.
- Definition: having a bad temper
- Synonyms: grumpy, grouchy, cross
- Example: He is a waspy fellow.
- Definition: not being stable in a fixed position
- Synonyms: shaky, rickety, unsteady
- Example: He became a wobbly person.
- Definition: feeling concerned and apprehensive
- Synonyms: anxious, uneasy, nervous
- Example: She was very worried.
- Definition: not good and well
- Synonyms: poor, bad, unwell
- Example: She has worse luck.
- Definition: marked with sarcastic humor
- Synonyms: ironic, sardonic, cynical
- Example: He is a wry comedian.
- Definition: displaying childlike credulity and innocence
- Synonyms: naive, innocent, credulous
- Example: He is a wide-eyed child.
- Definition: showing or causing worry
- Synonyms: distressing, troubling, disturbing
- Example: He is a worrisome kid.
- Definition: being careful and heedful
- Synonyms: alert, vigilant, observant
- Example: He is a watchful driver.
Uncommon Adjectives That Start with W to Improve Your Vocabulary
This list comprises uncommon adjectives that begin with W. How many of these uncommon adjectives beginning with W do you use in regular speech and writing?
- Definition: marked by uncertainty and instability
- Synonyms: unsteady, unsure, fluctuating
- Example: He has some wavering aims.
- Definition: having twists and curves
- Synonyms: rocky, rickety, shaky
- Example: She does some wiggly dance.
- Definition: full of sorrow and grief
- Synonyms: unhappy, miserable, distressed
- Example: He is a woeful man.
- Definition: destroyed and ravaged by war and conflict
- Synonyms: war-scarred, war-weary, devastated
- Example: They live in a war-torn area.
- Definition: constructed to fit according to certain contours
- Synonyms: shaped, molded, formed
- Example: This is a wrought watch.
- Definition: being unruly and obstinate
- Synonyms: disobedient, perverse, non-compliant
- Example: He is a wayward man.
- Definition: being devastated and damaged
- Synonyms: ruined, destroyed, smashed
- Example: That was a wrecked boat.
- Definition: having a smooth, pale, translucent surface
- Synonyms: pallid, pale, pasty
- Example: She has a waxen complexion.
- Definition: unsteady, dizzy, or dazed
- Synonyms: light-headed, dizzy, giddy
- Example: She was feeling woozy.
- Definition: having many lines or folds
- Synonyms: bumpy, choppy, coarse
- Example: She has a wrinkly face.
Adjectives That Start with W – Full List (252 Words)
We looked at various adjectives that start with the letter W. The following is a list of adjectives starting with the letter W. This is a complete list of adjectives that start with W that you will find anywhere on the internet.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with W
This article provided a list of often-used adjectives that start with W. There are also definitions, synonyms, and examples of adjectives that start with W, which might also help you incorporate the adjectives into other settings and extend your vocabulary.
We hope you got what you were looking for. We appreciate you reading our article about descriptive words that start with W. As you can see, adjectives play an important part in our everyday conversations.
We hope you’ve properly studied all of these adjectives so that the next time you come across tough adjectives starting with W, you’ll know exactly what they mean. This will not only wow your peers but also help you gain confidence.