You probably already know that adjectives that start with V are used far less often than those beginning with other alphabets. Despite this, they continue to have the same significance level and are required in the English language.
When used to describe or improve nouns and pronouns, adjectives that start with V produce writing and speech that is richer in-depth and more interesting to listen to or read.
If you lack confidence while speaking English, don’t worry. Here you will find positive descriptive words that start with V. V adjectives can help you expand your vocabulary and improve your daily conversation. They give the impression that you are well-educated. Adjectives can boost your mood and the emotions of others around you.
We often use adjectives that start with V. Although learning new adjectives is vital in our everyday lives, understanding when and where to utilize them is even more important. It is preferable to exclude an adjective totally rather than allow it in an inappropriate context. The next issue is determining if adjectives beginning with V are being used appropriately. Consider some adjectives beginning with V.
Common Adjectives That Start with V in Everyday Speech
In this part, we looked at some of the most common adjectives that start with V. These often used adjectives starting with V are defined, synonymized, and illustrated.
- Definition: which is seen by vision
- Synonyms: viewable, visible, discernable
- Example: She has a good visual appearance.
- Definition: being fixed and without contingency
- Synonyms: invested, endued, chartered
- Example: We all have vested interests.
- Definition: composed of plants or vegetables
- Synonyms: vegetative, plant, herbal
- Example: This has a vegetal smell.
- Definition: of or relating to lavender color
- Synonyms: purple, purplish, magenta
- Example: She has customized a violet pillow.
- Definition: being given validation
- Synonyms: confirmed, endorsed, affirmed
- Example: This is a validated bill.
- Definition: which can be viewed
- Synonyms: observable, discernible, perceptible
- Example: That is a viewable scene.
- Definition: being obvious and clear to sight
- Synonyms: evident, apparent, observable
- Example: There was a visible mark on her body.
- Definition: of great size and amount etc
- Synonyms: huge, massive, large
- Example: They has a vast garden.
- Definition: being diverse and different
- Synonyms: mixed, heterogeneous, wide-ranging
- Example: There are some varied side-effects of this.
- Definition: being of different and diverse
- Synonyms: varied, various, multifarious
- Example: She gave varying expressions.
Positive Adjectives That Start with V
Positive adjectives that start with V, are in list below. To inspire or motivate people, it is always vital to employ a positive term to describe someone or something. Reading through these positive adjectives could help you broaden your vocabulary.
- Definition: having gained victory
- Synonyms: winning, successful, conquering
- Example: This is a victorious team.
- Definition: which can be verified and confirmed
- Synonyms: confirmable, falsifiable, provable
- Example: She gave verifiable information.
- Definition: extremely useful or important
- Synonyms: precious, important
- Example: He provided the police with some valuable information.
- Definition: which is clear and obvious
- Synonyms: distinct, unvague, clear
- Example: That was a vivid example of determination.
- Definition: being foremost and significant
- Synonyms: essential, crucial, important
- Example: This is a vital task.
- Definition: being deep, rich, and bright
- Synonyms: vivid, resonant, bright, striking
- Example: She wears some vibrant colors.
- Definition: which sound and true
- Synonyms: reasonable, cogent, authentic
- Example: She presented some valid data.
- Definition: which can produce or harvest
- Synonyms: fertile, productive, lush
- Example: These are vegetative fields.
- Definition: being soft and smooth like velvet
- Synonyms: creamy, fluffy, silky
- Example: This dress has a velvety texture.
Negative Adjectives That Start with V
Below you will find list of negative adjectives that start with V. We hope this list will assist you in learning negative adjectives beginning with V. Continue to study and take notes on what you’ve discovered.
- Definition: causing annoyance and irritation
- Synonyms: maddening, infuriating, teasing
- Example: Her attitude is extremely vexing.
- Definition: having no value; worthless
- Synonyms: worthless, inferior
- Example: She gave valueless items.
- Definition: able to be conquered or overcome
- Synonyms: venerable, at risk
- Example: Our team was vincible.
- Definition: having the characteristics of venom
- Synonyms: poisonous, bitter, malicious, toxic
- Example: She passed some venomous remarks.
- Definition: having no worth and value
- Synonyms: pointless, useless, meaningless
- Example: Her vain efforts gave her a result.
- Definition: being harsh and violent
- Synonyms: bitter, rude, scathing
- Example: She has a vitriolic tone.
- Definition: being mean and malicious
- Synonyms: savage, brutal, nasty
- Example: She gave a vicious laugh.
- Definition: being forceful, causing harm
- Synonyms: wild, cruel, brutal
- Example: That was a violent conduct.
- Definition: not being obvious and understandable
- Synonyms: unclear, blurry, foggy
- Example: She gave a vague explanation.
- Definition: exposed to of being attacked
- Synonyms: at risk, endangered, unsafe
- Example: She was in a vulnerable position.
Adjectives That Start with V to Describe a Person
Please go through our list of adjectives that start with V to describe someone. Adjective is word that are used to describe one of a person’s most distinctive features. Please make use of V adjectives to describe a person as much as possible.
- Definition: used to describe a person who is willing to take risks
- Synonyms: daring, courageous, adventurous
- Example: She has become more venturesome this year with her investment.
- Definition: having or showing high moral standards
- Synonyms: righteous, good, moral
- Example: That lady was so virtuous.
- Definition: being overly desirous of something
- Synonyms: greedy, ravening, gluttonous
- Example: He is a voracious reader.
- Definition: having a distinct vision
- Synonyms: radical, revolutionary, innovative
- Example: She is a visionary leader.
- Definition: being indecent and obscene
- Synonyms: rude, indecent, gross
- Example: He is a vulgar man.
- Definition: being a wanderer having no place
- Synonyms: vagabond, drifter, transient
- Example: They are vagrant robbers.
- Definition: showing great excitement by leaping
- Synonyms: jumping, hopping, skipping
- Example: He is a vaulting boy.
- Definition: greatly impressive and honored
- Synonyms: grand, honorable, dignified
- Example: He is a very venerable speaker.
- Definition: talking fluently
- Synonyms: talkative, loquacious, garrulous
- Example: She is a voluble lady.
- Definition: being hidden and concealed
- Synonyms: covered, masked, cloaked
- Example: She is a veiled lady.
Adjectives That Start with V for Impressive Resume
A visually appealing CV is critical for securing your dream job. So, how should your CV create an impression? While writing your CV, use these describing words beginning with V.
- Definition: actual; precise
- Synonyms: exact, actual, precise
- Example: I am confident I’m the very person you need for the job.
- Definition: which can be worked and performed
- Synonyms: workable, doable, possible
- Example: He is a viable candidate for our company.
- Definition: being candid and free-spoken
- Synonyms: outspoken, voiced, explicit
- Example: She is very vocal about her experience.
- Definition: being watchful and active
- Synonyms: alert, attentive, observant
- Example: She is a vigilant coworker.
- Definition: full of passion and eagerness
- Synonyms: passionate, intense, ardent
- Example: Our boss liked her vehement nature.
- Definition: many or numerous
- Synonyms: multiple, different, manifold
- Example: She has done various jobs.
- Definition: by one as a replacement
- Synonyms: indirect, delegates
- Example: He felt a vicarious pleasure in her selection.
- Definition: of or relating to vocation
- Synonyms: professional, career, occupational
- Example: She was enrolled in vocational training.
- Definition: having profound knowledge and competence
- Synonyms: knowledgeable, skilled, experienced
- Example: He is a versed boss.
- Definition: being on the internet and digital space
- Synonyms: online, web-based, electronically
- Example: She is talking virtual training.
Adjectives That Start with V to Describe Emotions
Humans experience a wide range of moods and emotions. You never feel like you can adequately describe them. Adjective words that start with V will surely come in handy. Here you’ll find adjectives that start with the letter V.
- Definition: attractively lively and animated
- Synonyms: lively, animated, full of life
- Example: Her mother is very vivacious.
- Definition: seeking to harm in return for an injury
- Synonyms: vindictive, revengeful, out for revenge
- Example: He is a vengeful person.
- Definition: annoyed, frustrated, or worried
- Synonyms: annoyed, irritated, angry
- Example: She is very vexed with me.
- Definition: liable to display rapid changes of emotion
- Synonyms: unpredictable, changeable, variable
- Example: She is a passionate, volatile young lady.
- Definition: being intense and eruptive
- Synonyms: fiery, stormy, explosive
- Example: She has volcanic anger.
- Definition: having or showing no intelligence or interest
- Synonyms: blank, expressionless, deadpan
- Example: She gave a vacant stare.
- Definition: having strength and influence
- Synonyms: strong, impactful, energetic
- Example: She gave a vigorous speech.
- Definition: susceptible to being defeated
- Synonyms: beatable, loser
- Example: He felt vanquishable.
- Definition: offering nothing stimulating or challenging; bland
- Synonyms: insipid, uninspired, colorless
- Example: That was a tuneful but vapid musical comedy.
- Definition: extremely unpleasant
- Synonyms: foul, nasty, unpleasant
- Example: She has a vile temper.
Descriptive Adjectives That Start with V
Although using V adjectives to describe someone is simple, the impact on readers or listeners is powerful. You will feel much more informed after adding these descriptive words beginning with V to your dictionary.
- Definition: being or appropriate for a virgin
- Synonyms: chaste, virginal, celibate
- Example: She is a virgin girl.
- Definition: having the characteristics of a villain
- Synonyms: nefarious, vile, evil
- Example: He is a villainous boss.
- Definition: being a wanderer
- Synonyms: vagrant, stray, drifter
- Example: He is a vagabond preacher.
- Definition: inclined towards seeking revenge
- Synonyms: unforgiving, revengeful, retributive
- Example: He is a vindictive victim.
- Definition: being given a vaccine or immunization shot
- Synonyms: injected, immunized, inoculated
- Example: She is a vaccinated lay.
- Definition: having value and worth
- Synonyms: esteemed, respected, honorable
- Example: She is a valued customer.
- Definition: eating only vegetables
- Synonyms: vegan, veggie, herbivore
- Example: He is a vegetarian man.
- Definition: without voice or speech
- Synonyms: dumb, mute, silent
- Example: He is a voiceless boy.
- Definition: being volunteers
- Synonyms: offering, willing, acting
- Example: There are some volunteering boys.
- Definition: being brave and fearless
- Synonyms: courageous, valiant, gallant
- Example: He is a valorous hero.
Uncommon Adjectives That Start with V to Improve Your Vocabulary
This list contains uncommon adjectives that begin with V. How many of these uncommon adjectives starting with V do you use in everyday conversation and writing?
- Definition: having no legal authority and therefore unacceptable
- Synonyms: invalid, illegal
- Example: The Judge declared the contract void.
- Definition: popular; fashionable
- Synonyms: chic, modish, fashionable
- Example: Citizenship was their vogue word.
- Definition: being actual and true
- Synonyms: real, authentic, genuine
- Example: That was veritable evidence.
- Definition: using or expressed in more words
- Synonyms: wordy, loquacious, garrulous
- Example: Academic language is obscure and verbose.
- Definition: of or having sexual appeal
- Synonyms: sensual, erotic, luscious
- Example: She is a voluptuous lady.
- Definition: patches of colors
- Synonyms: varicolored, multicolored, motley
- Example: The bird had beautiful variegated feathers.
- Definition: having the appearance to vaults
- Synonyms: arched, curved, bowed
- Example: He was on a vaulty bridge.
- Definition: marked by departure and farewell
- Synonyms: parting, goodbye, last
- Example: She has prepared her valedictory speech.
- Definition: resembling, associated with, or fond of wine
- Synonyms: fermented, inebriant, brewed
- Example: That was a vinous smell.
- Definition: being green and lush
- Synonyms: fresh, flourishing, sprouting
- Example: They chose a verdant ground.
Adjectives That Start with V – Full List (260 Words)
We looked at numerous adjectives that begin with the letter V. The complete list of adjectives beginning with the letter V is shown below. This is the most comprehensive list of adjectives that start with V available anywhere on the internet.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with V
Adjectives play a vital role in our communication. Descriptive words that start with V, boost your speech’s clarity and understanding. The issue with adjectives is that they should never be overused. Excessive adjective usage may clog up a phrase, decreasing its flow. Remember to only use these adjectives that start with V when absolutely necessary.
Do you like the adjectives that start with V that we’ve compiled for you? We hope you find them beneficial. You will feel more competent and confident in yourself once you begin employing them in talks.
Share it with others if you feel it will help them. If you study these adjectives often, you will be able to apply them to your life. We hope you like this collection of adjectives starting with V.