This article will provide you with adjectives that start with L. Adjectives that start with L are popular in English and are often employed in everyday discourse. As a result, understanding these L-letter adjectives will certainly help you enhance your verbal and written communication abilities. Like other adjectives, descriptive words beginning with L are used to modify and improve nouns or pronouns.
Keep reading if you want to learn about some new adjectives that start with L. While reading this article, you will come across fascinating words that you will want to remember. You could find some adjectives that you were searching for.
Prepare for the list of descriptive words that start with L, then relax and enjoy the reading process. Remembering them will be tough unless you are already familiar with these L descriptions. Consequently, the definitions and examples provided here will be quite beneficial. So, let’s look at most regularly used adjectives beginning with L.
You Might Also Like:
Common Adjectives That Start with L in Everyday Speech
This section is a list of commonly used adjectives that start with L. The use of common adjectives considerably improves our communication ability. These common adjectives starting with L, are often used in daily encounters.
- Definition: mad or silly
- Synonyms: foolish, harebrained, preposterous
- Example: She presented some loopy ideas.
- Definition: resulting from good luck
- Synonyms: fortunate, in luck, blessed
- Example: She has always been a lucky girl.
- Definition: expressed clearly; easy to understand
- Synonyms: intelligible, comprehensible, understandable
- Example: That was a lucid dream.
- Definition: showing firm support
- Synonyms: faithful, true, true-hearted
- Example: Anna is a loyal friend.
- Definition: not likely to result in failure
- Synonyms: riskless, safe, secure
- Example: It is low-risk work.
- Definition: requiring little care or maintenance
- Synonyms: Easy to do, easy, simple
- Example: He did some low-maintenance work.
- Definition: very poor or bad
- Synonyms: awful, terrible, appalling
- Example: Their service is usually lousy.
- Definition: producing much noise
- Synonyms: noisy, blaring, booming
- Example: He was very loud yesterday.
- Definition: not firmly or tightly fixed
- Synonyms: not fixed in place, insecure
- Example: She has a loose tooth.
- Definition: appropriate for or typical
- Synonyms: genteel, polite, refined
- Example: She is very ladylike.
Positive Adjectives That Start with L
When looking for positivity, these positive adjectives that start with L, could help you get through the day. You could even use them to push your buddies to work more. As a result, reading these encouraging words will make you and others happy.
- Definition: imposing height
- Synonyms: tall, high, giant
- Example: Her house has lofty walls.
- Definition: able to read and write
- Synonyms: educated, well educated, well-read
- Example: She is a literate lady.
- Definition: without end
- Synonyms: boundless, unbounded, unlimited
- Example: He has a limitless authority.
- Definition: conforming to the law or rules
- Synonyms: legal, lawful, licit
- Example: He is a legitimate king.
- Definition: described in or based on legends
- Synonyms: famous, celebrated, famed
- Example: He did a legendary goal.
- Definition: more merciful or tolerant than expected
- Synonyms: merciful, clement, sparing
- Example: She was too lenient with me.
- Definition: extremely comfortable or elegant
- Synonyms: opulent, sumptuous, affluent
- Example: Anna is leaving a luxurious life.
- Definition: having luster; shining
- Synonyms: shiny, shining, satiny
- Example: I love her large, lustrous eyes.
- Definition: having a pleasingly rich, sweet taste
- Synonyms: delicious, succulent, lush
- Example: That was a luscious and fragrant dessert wine.
- Definition: bright or shining
- Synonyms: shining, bright, brilliant
- Example: He has a luminous dial on his watch.
Negative Adjectives That Start with L
The following is a list of negative adjectives that start with L. We hope this list has helped you learn negative adjectives beginning with L. Continue to study and make notes on what you’ve learned.
- Definition: requiring considerable time and effort
- Synonyms: arduous, hard, heavy
- Example: They were doing laborious training.
- Definition: lacking enthusiasm and determination
- Synonyms: careless, lazy, lax
- Example: That was a lackadaisical defense.
- Definition: lacking energy
- Synonyms: relaxed, unhurried, languorous
- Example: Her languid demeanor irritated him.
- Definition: constituting larceny
- Synonyms: rapacious, crooked, criminal
- Example: He is a larcenous agent.
- Definition: filled with a sexual desire
- Synonyms: lecherous, lewd, lustful
- Example: My boyfriend is so lascivious.
- Definition: look in a lascivious way
- Synonyms: ogle, look lasciviously, look suggestively
- Example: Every leering eye in the cafe was on him.
- Definition: full of or covered with lumps
- Synonyms: bumpy, knobbly, bulging
- Example: She lay on the lumpy mattress.
- Definition: only moderately warm
- Synonyms: tepid, slightly warm, warmish
- Example: He drank bitter lukewarm coffee.
- Definition: uncouth and aggressive
- Synonyms: uncouth, rude, impolite
- Example: He had a loutish behavior.
- Definition: with one side lower or smaller
- Synonyms: asymmetrical, unsymmetrical, uneven
- Example: He had a lopsided grin.
Adjectives That Start with L to Describe a Person
Look through our list of adjectives that start with L to describe someone. Adjective is used to describe one of a human’s most notable features. Use L adjectives to describe a person as frequently as you need to.
- Definition: pleasant and easy to like
- Synonyms: pleasant, nice, friendly
- Example: She is a likable young girl.
- Definition: amusing and entertaining
- Synonyms: carefree, cheerful, cheery
- Example: They were lighthearted boys.
- Definition: brave and determined
- Synonyms: brave, courageous, valiant
- Example: She is a lionhearted lady.
- Definition: calm and sensible
- Synonyms: sensible, practical, realistic
- Example: Such a levelheaded lady she was.
- Definition: thin, supple, and graceful
- Synonyms: supple, lithe, limber
- Example: He is a lissome young boy.
- Definition: willing to respect opinions
- Synonyms: progressive, advanced, modern
- Example: Her parents are very liberal.
- Definition: happy and carefree
- Synonyms: buoyant, lively, cheerful
- Example: He is a lightsome boy.
- Definition: very tall and thin
- Synonyms: slim, slender, lean
- Example: She is a lanky girl.
- Definition: lithe or supple
- Synonyms: lithe, supple, nimble
- Example: She should practice keeping herself limber.
- Definition: very beautiful or attractive
- Synonyms: beautiful, pretty, attractive
- Example: Anna is very much lovely.
Adjectives That Start with L to Describe a Place
How many distinct places have you explored so far? What word will you use to describe these locations to other people? Examine the list of describing words beginning with L provided below.
- Definition: without any leaves
- Synonyms: defoliated, aphyllous, scapose
- Example: That was a garden full of leafless trees.
- Definition: not governed to laws
- Synonyms: anarchic, anarchical, disorderly
- Example: Those are lawless lands.
- Definition: devoid of living things
- Synonyms: barren, sterile, bare
- Example: These are lifeless landscapes.
- Definition: rich and profuse in growth; lush
- Synonyms: lush, rich, abundant
- Example: There are some luxuriant lands.
- Definition: of considerable or relatively great size
- Synonyms: big, great, huge
- Example: They have a large home.
- Definition: producing or grown for its broad-bladed leaves
- Synonyms: green, leaf-covered, lush
- Example: We have some leafy plants in our village.
- Definition: having an official license
- Synonyms: permit, allow, authorize
- Example: These are licensed lands.
- Definition: worth living
- Synonyms: homey, habitable, bearable
- Example: This is a livable place.
- Definition: full of activity and excitement
- Synonyms: busy, crowded, bustling
- Example: Such a lively place to live.
- Definition: growing luxuriantly
- Synonyms: luxuriant, rich, abundant
- Example: These are lush greenery and cultivated fields.
Adjectives That Start with L to Describe Emotions
In this section, you will discover adjective words that start with L. The human experience includes a wide range of emotional experiences. You never feel like you can adequately describe them to yourself or others. It is without a doubt going to be helpful to employ adjectives that start with the letter L.
- Definition: feeling or showing love
- Synonyms: affectionate, fond, devoted
- Example: Her father is very loving.
- Definition: without companions; solitary
- Synonyms: solitary, unaccompanied, alone
- Example: She is very lonely.
- Definition: uninspired or uninspiring
- Synonyms: opulent, sumptuous, affluent
- Example: That was a lackluster performance.
- Definition: cautious due to realistic suspicions
- Synonyms: wary, cautious, careful
- Example: It is a city leery of gang violence.
- Definition: sluggish and apathetic
- Synonyms: sluggish, inert, inactive
- Example: He was feeling a little lethargic.
- Definition: lacking energy or enthusiasm
- Synonyms: lethargic, enervated, lackadaisical
- Example: He is feeling listless depression.
- Definition: characterized by lack of effort or activity
- Synonyms: idle, indolent, slothful
- Example: He was enjoying a lazy holiday.
- Definition: causing hatred or disgust; repulsive
- Synonyms: hateful, detestable, abhorrent
- Example: She had a loathsome mood.
- Definition: mad or silly
- Synonyms: mad, insane, lunatic
- Example: He is as loony as his friends.
- Definition: very generous or extravagant
- Synonyms: generous, liberal, bountiful
- Example: She was lavish with her hospitality.
Descriptive Adjectives That Start with L
It is simple to use descriptive words beginning with L, and doing so impresses readers or listeners. Consider how smarter you feel once these L adjectives become a part of your vocabulary.
- Definition: producing a great deal of profit
- Synonyms: profitable, profit-making, gainful
- Example: He is a lucrative stand-up comedian.
- Definition: deserving praise and commendation
- Synonyms: praiseworthy, commendable, admirable
- Example: She has some laudable characteristics.
- Definition: furiously angry
- Synonyms: furious, angry, infuriated
- Example: She was livid with me.
- Definition: unable to walk without difficulty
- Synonyms: limping, hobbling, incapacitated
- Example: She went lame.
- Definition: showing, requiring, or characterized by learning
- Synonyms: scholarly, erudite, well educated
- Example: She is a learned teacher.
- Definition: unfortunate; regrettable
- Synonyms: deplorable, regrettable, tragic
- Example: That was lamentable behavior.
- Definition: so ludicrous as to be amusing
- Synonyms: ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd
- Example: These boys are so laughable.
- Definition: doing something after the expected
- Synonyms: behind time, behind schedule, behind
- Example: He is always late.
- Definition: unable to find one’s way
- Synonyms: stray, astray, off-course
- Example: She is lost these days.
- Definition: measuring a great distance from end to end
- Synonyms: lengthy, of considerable length, extended
- Example: He had a long walk.
Uncommon Adjectives That Start with L to Improve Your Vocabulary
This list consists of uncommon adjectives that start with the letter L. How many of these uncommon adjectives that begin with L do you use in everyday conversation and writing?
- Definition: emitting light not caused by heat
- Synonyms: bright, brilliant, lustrous
- Example: They developed a transparent luminescent solar concentrator.
- Definition: existing but not yet developed
- Synonyms: dormant, quiescent, inactive
- Example: He has a latent talent.
- Definition: torn or deeply cut
- Synonyms: carving, chipping, chiseling
- Example: He suffered a lacerated hand.
- Definition: someone who acts superior to others
- Synonyms: noble, aristocratic, princely
- Example: She has some lordly titles.
- Definition: tending to talk a great deal
- Synonyms: talkative, garrulous, voluble
- Example: She is very loquacious.
- Definition: continuing at a tedious length
- Synonyms: lengthy, long, overlong
- Example: He gave a long-winded speech.
- Definition: made of, resembling, or trimmed with lace
- Synonyms: frilly, gauzy, ornate
- Example: She was wearing a lacy dress.
- Definition: not sufficiently strict or careful
- Synonyms: slack, slipshod, negligent
- Example: There were some lax security arrangements.
- Definition: containing or constituting a libel
- Synonyms: defamatory, denigratory, vilifying
- Example: They published a libelous newspaper story.
- Definition: continuing at a tedious length
- Synonyms: agile, graceful, supple
- Example: She has a lithe figure.
Adjectives That Start with L – Full List (509 Words)
In this article, we look at several different adjectives that start with the letter L. The list includes every adjective and adjective that begins with the letter L. List of adjectives that start with L is the most exhaustive compilation of its kind that can be discovered anywhere on the internet.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with L
These adjectives that start with L can help you be more thorough and precise in your writing, allowing you to explain your ideas to your audience in a clear and engaging way. So, to learn faster, try to employ these adjectives starting with L wherever possible.
These descriptive words that start with L, will undoubtedly help you expand your English vocabulary. Make sure you go through them many times before using them. We are certain that using these adjectives will wow your friends with your knowledge of the English language.
Congratulations, and thank you for reading our article on adjectives that start with L. As you can see, adjectives play a vital role in our regular conversations.