Using verbs that start with X in your writing might make it more attractive and distinctive. Having an encyclopedia of verbs in one’s knowledge and then applying them according to the demands of a circumstance would leave the speaker with an impressive reputation among its audience.
If you go through this list, you would be able to obtain as many verbs beginning with X as possible. This way, you are not only extending your language bank, but also your creative space.
Verbs that start with X will be very useful in developing your public image and may help you better understand the art of communication. Let’s just dive into the catalogue and improve our English language abilities by adding new action words that start with X to the bank.
Learning new terminology is in high demand these days. If you want to become a good student or a leader someday, you should never take education lightly. Start by getting hold of these verbs.
You Might Also Like:
Common Verbs That Start with X
Following are the verbs starting with X, considered the easiest to learn and fun to use. So, if you are new to learning verbs, you can start here, from this list.
- Definition: to take an x-ray
- Synonyms: shadowgraph, radiograph
- Example: Please x-ray his leg before we take him to operation theater.
- Definition: to copy a document
- Synonyms: replicate, reprint
- Example: I was asked to xerox a paper for my teacher.
- Definition: to delete something
- Synonyms: cancel, cross
- Example: Please X the names of those people who aren’t coming to the trip.
- Definition: to cultivate an area
- Synonyms: nurture, cultivate
- Example: I have xeriscaped my lands.
- Definition: to delete
- Synonyms: eliminate, obscure
- Example: He XXXed the vulgar scenes from the movie.
Positive Verbs That Start with X
Positive verbs are those that convey a positive sense thus negating the negativities around. Let’s have a look at positive verbs starting with letter X.
- Definition: to perform with a xylophone
- Synonyms: intone, perform
- Example: He knows how to xylophone with grace.
- Definition: to give kisses to someone through gestures
- Synonyms: hug, kiss
- Example: John xoed his wife before leaving home.
- Definition: to predict the future
- Synonyms: determine, forestall
- Example: You should xylomance to know about the things coming your way.
- Definition: to copy something xerographically
- Synonyms: replicate, copy
- Example: I want you to xerocopy this paper for me.
- Definition: to encode a file
- Synonyms: code, encode
- Example: He was xxencoding the data using Matlab.
Action Verbs That Start with X
Action verbs that start with X are an essential part of writing, and it is helpful to have them mentioned in one’s vocabulary bank—presenting you the top most commonly used action words under this title.
- Definition: to print a design
- Synonyms: etch, carve
- Example: I need you to xylograph this object for me.
- Definition: to convert a mixture into a xanthate
- Synonyms: combine, merge
- Example: Please xanthate these chemicals for me.
- Definition: to relocate organic matter between species
- Synonyms: relocate, implant
- Example: I xenotransplanted those cells to that organism.
- Definition: to expose something to radiation
- Synonyms: strew, exude
- Example: You need to x-irradiate these cells.
- Definition: to allot a xylosyl mediety to an element
- Synonyms: join, ascribe
- Example: The laboratorian xyloslated the hydrogen and carbon molecules.
Verbs That Start with X for Top-Notch Essays
A language expert or writer always looks for fancy words to breathe life into his writings. Therefore, they always go for big, bold, and flowery verbs that start with X for top-notch essays. Some of them are mentioned next.
- Definition: to transplant a tissue
- Synonyms: implant, relocate
- Example: I know how to xenograft human prostate tumor cells into a mice.
- Definition: to transfer things
- Synonyms: give, transfer
- Example: My boss asked to xfer his ideas to all the employees.
- Definition: to sail in a ship
- Synonyms: navigate, ship
- Example: One of the hobbies I mentioned in my CV was that I love to xebec.
Verbs That Start with X – Full List (18 Words)
We have created a separate category of X action words to ensure you do not miss out on any words. Scroll through the entire list of verbs that start with the letter X and have fun.
Final Thoughts on Verbs That Start with X
This list includes the most regularly used verbs that start with X as well as the most seldom used ones. To make it easy for you, we have also given you their definitions, synonyms, and examples.
A lot of energy and determination has been put into creating this collection, so make sure you grasp the value of these action words that start with X and take advantage of them as much as possible.
Learn these verbs that start with X, put them to use, and teach others about them; this is one of the ways that can help us in making our society a better place.
I hope you learnt as many verb words that start with X as possible, and we hope to receive favorable feedback from you.